MEI Pharma's staff is a team of friendly, dedicated, experienced and collaborative professionals committed to the hard work that supports our company's aggressive goals and to the workplace values that promote our success.
Our workplace values include:
- Shared commitment to excellence and collaboration across functions
- Personal accountability for consistent superior performance
- Fiscal discipline applied wisely in the use of resources
- Mutual trust and respect for individual differences
- Dedication to developing novel therapies for our patients
Medical Science Liaison - East Coast
Reporting to the Director of Medical Affairs, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based position that develops and enhances professional relationships with medical thought leaders, investigators and key medical organizations involved in cancer drugs development. The MSL provides medical information through medical and scientific discussions and communications in a balanced, non-promotional manner. The role is performed in accordance with all applicable legal, regulatory and professional guidelines. This is a challenging position in a fast-paced setting that requires a highly-motivated, self-starter. Candidates on the East Coast – preferably NYC and Boston are preferred.
- The MSL ensures the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding MEI’s oncology pipeline compounds in a timely and customer-focused manner to all appropriate parties.
- Identifies specific Key Opinion Leaders in the oncology field and establishes and maintains scientific relationships with them in their academic and community cancer centers around the country.
- Provides clinical communication through presentations and information in response to questions from the academic and healthcare-provider settings.
- Collaborates with the in-house Clinical Operations Department to enhance patient enrollment in company-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate clinical trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies.
- Provides scientific and medical information updates and scientific support at medical meetings.
- Provides timely feedback and information on emerging clinical and scientific teams as well as opportunities to internal staff.
- Furnishes scientific support for appropriate educational initiatives.
- Ensures all activities are compliant with MEI’s company policies.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience. Hematology/Oncology MSL experience is strongly preferred along with a solid professional reputation for interacting productively with thought leaders in the field.
- Thorough comprehension of the oncology drug development process is required.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to effectively present clinical/scientific information to a variety of audiences is essential.
- Respectful, accountable and collaborative abilities to work with in-house teams and all outside collaborators.
- Able to spend a significant amount of time in the field directly interacting with thought leaders, investigators and hematology/oncology professionals.
- Superior time management skills to balance multiple priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create materials such as reports and presentations for inside and outside the organization.
- Approximately 50-60% travel is required; overnight travel required as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Candidates living on the East Coast - NYC or Boston- are preferred.
Submit CV’s to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
MEI Pharma, Inc.'s policy is to provide equal opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, national ancestry, sex, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
The recruitment and employment process at MEI Pharma, Inc. is managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department with all candidates applying directly in this manner. The company does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from qualified candidates and only for current open positions.